This year’s forum focused on how scientists are using camera trapping technology to better understand our natural world and how local residents can use technology to discover wildlife in their own backyards.
Posts by sdevine
Granite Mountain Preserve Update
Thank you for your patience! We are working on several improvements within Granite Mountain Preserve.
HHLT Applying For Accreditation Renewal
We are in the process of applying for renewal of our accreditation through the Land Trust Accreditation Commission, an independent program of the Land Trust Alliance.
Opportunity To Comment On Storm Surge Barriers And Expedited Environmental Review
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is evaluating plans to mitigate coastal storm damage, several of which propose installing storm surge barriers throughout New York Harbor.
2018 Water Forum Recap
The Taste of Sprawl: A Water Discussion—was a success! More than 120 people participated in the April 15th forum on local water issues at the Highlands Country Club.
Conservation Subdivisions and Open Space Overlay Forum Materials
On February 5, 2018, we held an educational forum entitled Conservation Subdivisions and the Open Space Overlay.
Learn About Granite Mountain Preserve, A Legacy Landscapes Project
We recently acquired three adjoining parcels totaling 358 acres to create Granite Mountain Preserve in the Town of Putnam Valley.
Connecting: Celebrating the People and Places of the Hudson Highlands
Connecting: Celebrating the People and Places of the Hudson Highlands is the perfect gift for anyone who loves the Hudson Highlands.
- Maple Sugaring: Legends and Practices
- Protected: The New York Manor System and Slavery: An Interview with Lavada Nahon
- 1st Rhode Island Regiment
- The Intersection of LGBTQ+ Rights and Environmental Justice: Q&A with Representative Sean Patrick Maloney
- Food Sovereignty and Seed Rematriation: A conversation with Rowen White, Seed Keeper and Member of Akwesasne Mohawk Nation
- Recognizing and Honoring the Original Stewards of the Land
- Reflections and Accountability
- Tree Inequity in the Hudson Highlands