We hope you’ve been enjoying the new trail system at Granite Mountain Preserve! Please be aware the trail blaze colors have recently changed.
Thanks to your feedback, the trail system now includes three same-color loops for hiking: a southern green trail loop, a yellow trail loop to Lookout Point, and a northern red trail loop. We are grateful to our intrepid group of Boy Scouts and volunteers who worked to re-blaze the trails.
Please see the new trail map above and discard any old paper and digital (Avenza) maps you may have.
1. Download the free Avenza Maps app here.
2. Download this trail map to your smartphone or tablet.
3. Your device may ask which app to open the map with. If so, chose Avenza Maps. If you aren’t prompted, open the Avenza Maps app, click the “+” symbol on the top right. Note: on Android devices, you must then select “Download or import a map” from the dropdown menu.
4. Navigate to your downloads file and select the Granite Mountain map.
5. If you’re on Granite Mountain, you should see your location as a little blue dot on the map. If so, you’re all set! If not, visit the “Importing a Map” support page here for iOS or here for Android devices. For troubleshooting, try the Avenza Support Center page. HHLT staff would also be happy to assist you with Avenza during the next planned HHLT hike or volunteer event.
*Please note we highly recommend also carrying a paper map and compass, as well as basic hiking supplies, during any visit to the Preserve.
See you on the trails!