While many of us are spending more time at home, HHLT is bringing nature to you with a new webinar series.
Posts by ADMIN
Bringing Nature to You: Vernal Pools
Spring is an exciting time of year for amphibians, so we’re highlighting vernal pools.
We’re Bringing Nature to You with “Nature Time!”
Our land team share a series of fun, educational videos that capture spring in the Hudson Highlands.
HHLT is committed to our mission of land conservation in the Hudson Highlands in the face of the global COVID-19 public health crisis.
Connect with Nature Using iNaturalist and Seek
Learn how to use the popular nature apps iNaturalist and kid-friendly Seek to capture and share your nature observations.
Attention Granite Mountain Hikers: Trails Have Been Re-blazed
Please Share Your Input on Philipstown and Cold Spring Drinking Water
Philipstown and Cold Spring residents: your input on your drinking water is needed! Your input will help set the stage for the formation of a new Water Protection Coalition for the Town and Village.
Protecting Cornwall’s Natural Heritage: New Open Space Inventory Unveiled at Community Forum
As the culmination of the two-year Natural Heritage Project, we presented the final Open Space Inventory to a standing-room only crowd of community leaders and residents in November 2019.
Announcing the New York Highlands Network: Ensuring Our Wildlife Have a Home Here—Forever
We formed the NY Highlands Network—a broad coalition of organizations, neighbors and landowners working to connect and conserve wild places across the Highlands—to ensure our wildlife continues to have a home here in the Hudson Highlands.
Celebrate All the Things You Love About the Hudson Highlands at FALL FEST
Mark your calendars for a day of autumn fun at Winter Hill! The 7th annual FALL FEST, planned and hosted by the Young Friends of HHLT committee, is scheduled for Saturday, October 26th from 2-5pm.
- Maple Sugaring: Legends and Practices
- Protected: The New York Manor System and Slavery: An Interview with Lavada Nahon
- 1st Rhode Island Regiment
- The Intersection of LGBTQ+ Rights and Environmental Justice: Q&A with Representative Sean Patrick Maloney
- Food Sovereignty and Seed Rematriation: A conversation with Rowen White, Seed Keeper and Member of Akwesasne Mohawk Nation
- Recognizing and Honoring the Original Stewards of the Land
- Reflections and Accountability
- Tree Inequity in the Hudson Highlands