Our volunteers are the lifeblood of our organization. Whether they are helping us clear trails in Granite Mountain Preserve, leading one of our Take-a-Hike! hikes, or helping us prepare a fundraising mailing in the office, we couldn’t accomplish a fraction of our work without our loyal volunteers. We deeply value the contributions our volunteers make to furthering our mission.
We are always in need of enthusiastic volunteers. General volunteer opportunities include:
• Outreach events, like our annual Winter Carnival and Community Forum
• Hands-on outdoor projects, like trail maintenance or invasive species removal (available on a limited, as needed basis)
• General office work, like filing and preparing mailings
We are currently seeking volunteers for the following discrete opportunities:
• Watershed protection for either the Clove Creek Aquifer or the Cold Spring Reservoir System/Foundry Brook
• Water quality sampling in identified “hot spots” for road treatments and various industrial activities
Please contact our Outreach & Events Manager, Ashley Rauch, if you are interested in getting involved in our work. Thank you for dedicating your time, skills and energy to HHLT!